Question
Posted by: Sore bones | 2006/11/07

Backache Problem

I am 45 years old. I experience a severe back pain sometimes when shopping. As a result I stay away from it if I could. Sometimes the pain coveres the base part of my neck to the spine between my shoulders. I am size 38D and wear good fitting quality bras but after an hour of walking and shopping my back is so sore I can barely walk straight. Sometimes this is followed by serious bloatedness feeling and severe lower back and waist pain.

Dear Sore Bones
Have you ever had x/ray of the upper back? - you may have osteoarthritis. If your bra straps cause deep ridges on your shoulders, your breasts may be too heavy and you may need to consider a breast reduction. An Orthopod will be able to advise you. At your age you should not have disabilitating back ache unless you had a previous injury.