Posted by: Eina | 2013/01/16

Back Strain

Please advise what can be done to assist the healing of an inflamed nerve ending in the lower back, other than pain killers. Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


You can consult an orthopaedic surgeon for a nerve block. Physiotherapy and dry needling can will alleviate your pain and inflammation. You can ask your pharmacist for Transact patches. These patches release anti-inflammatories through the skin into the area where inflammation occurs.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: anxious | 2013/01/20

you could well benefit from a few physiotherapy treatments. Make sure you go to a registered physiotherapist. They can work wonders and can advise what exercises you could to prevent any future back problems.

Reply to anxious

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.