Posted by: Stephan | 2004/11/01

Back problems

I am 29 years old and have had back problems for almost as long as I can remember. The did at one stage diagnose me with, what I could gather is a fairly well know issue, Shauerman's disease (the spelling will almost certainly be wrong). On top of that, I have got 1 or 2 vertabra's to many in my lower back. Lately I have been suffering again and feel a bit reluctant to go see a specialists as I have been told buy just about everyone that obviously should have been doctors that they will probably operate and fuse some of the vertabra's.


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Stephan, the best would be to have a definite diagnosis made as it doesn’t have to be due to the Scheuermann’s disease. Nobody is going to force you to have an operation, so have the diagnosis made and then make a decision. The best person to help you with this would be a neurosurgeon or an orthopaedic surgeon. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.