Question
Posted by: Stephan | 2004/11/01

Back problems

I am 29 years old and have had back problems for almost as long as I can remember. The did at one stage diagnose me with, what I could gather is a fairly well know issue, Shauerman's disease (the spelling will almost certainly be wrong). On top of that, I have got 1 or 2 vertabra's to many in my lower back. Lately I have been suffering again and feel a bit reluctant to go see a specialists as I have been told buy just about everyone that obviously should have been doctors that they will probably operate and fuse some of the vertabra's.

So, I AM A BIT STUCK.

Stephan, the best would be to have a definite diagnosis made as it doesn’t have to be due to the Scheuermann’s disease. Nobody is going to force you to have an operation, so have the diagnosis made and then make a decision. The best person to help you with this would be a neurosurgeon or an orthopaedic surgeon. Good luck.