Question
Posted by: BackPain | 2007/03/06

Back pain won't go away!

I have a back pain that I have had diagnosed by a doctor in SA recently. I am currently living in Germany and it is very difficult to get proper advice or medical help here (my German is still poor). According to the diagnosis in SA, the triple joints between my nr. 10 and 11 vertebratae are stretched because of poor posture, and that is causing pain. X-Rays showed no problems.

The only problem I have with my back muscles is that they are probably too weak to support my back, but I never have muscle pain. I never do any exercises. The joints between my nr. 10 and 11 vertebratae are probably sort of stretched. I have a lot of stress at work and this cases a strange pain there, especially when I sit slightly forward. The pain is extreme and I have to drink pills all the time to partially kill it. I cannot get rid of the stress and the pills only partially help.

I have corrected my posture. Apparently physiotherapy won't help because it is not a muscle problem. I don't know what else to try. Please help. I am male and 31 years old, weight 92kg.

Expert ImageArchive

You said it - you don't exercise - structures cannot be corrected without movement

Apologies for very slow response time