Question
Posted by: Raymond | 2005/11/18

Back pain when sleeping

In the last couple of weeks I have developed a a lower back pain whilst I have been sleeping during the night .I wake up every morning lately with a really sore lower back .It goes away as soon as I get up and get active .I'm not sure that it is my bed ( which is good quality and I've had for about a year ) as I have recently been on holiday and I had the same problem in the three different hotel beds that I stayed in .
I regulary go to gym but haven't been doing anything new .
Any ideas as to what may be causing it ???
Raymond

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Raymond

Often caused by iliop-psoas muscle which squeezes spine when tight. Try rubbing area either side of navel to release this as well as to do very low lunges.

Douglas