Question
Posted by: Shaks | 2004/01/27

back pain + pregnancy

I am currently 33 weeks pregnant and suffer from severe back pain (middle and to the left) while sitting, eventhough i use a foot stool to rest my feet.
Could you please recommend some form of exercise i could do and could you please advise on a better way of sitting to rid myself of this pain ?
Thanks.

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Shaks
Congatulations - AMy and I have just had a baby on Friday so you are in the right place.
The most effect stretches to release your pain are sitting - cross your right leg over your left - the way men do - and lean forward - this should be quite a potent stretch - DO both legs. Also lie on your back and rock your legs side to side - you can get your husband to help here too.
These should do wonders and help make your birth a beautiful expirience as ours was.
Douglas