Question
Posted by: Ash | 2007/06/04

Back pain & numbness of legs

Hi There.

Could you please help with the following symptoms and give an indication of which type of doctor would be best to treat this problem.
Sore lower back (feeling as if it needs to click), together with numbness of the legs.

Thank You

HI Ash

A physiotherapist problem, sounds like to me, though the best is probably to see a doctor with some of specialist training in sports medicine (I'm assuming it's exercise or fitness training related?). But physios often treat this type of problem, which could be the result of some sort of nerve entrapment in the lower back. So it's one of those two, in my opinion.