Posted by: Ouch My Back Hurts | 2009/07/14

Back Pain

Hi, I would like to know the alternative to the pain block procedure. The number 4 vertibra cushion is crushed according to an MRI scan. I am 35 years old and i work as a mechanic, so my back is rather important to me. I would like to know all the options i have to correct this. The pain comes if i twist/turn my body, then lasts for about a week. Any suggestions.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageChiroDoc

The disc is probably degenerated - thus not necessarily "crushed" . Options are Chiropractic care - to restore some mobility in the affected area, and physiotherapy which could do good as far as the soft tissue involvement is concerned. Certain exercises may further assist in strengthening the area and maintaining flexibility of the spine.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.