Question
Posted by: swan | 2008/01/04

back pain

i have pain in my back that seems to move from side to side on my upper back mainly around my shoulder blades. I have had this pain for about 2 weeks & have tried Advil which did not help much & switched to Aleve which seems to help a bit with the pain , but which seems to return later during the day. It does seem to have improved a little, but has not gone away.I wake up in the morning with no pain but when i get home from work i can feel pain coming back. I am diabetic & also have a thyroid problem for which i am on medication Can you please advise as i cannot visit a doctor right now.

Dear Swan

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you consult a Physiotherapist, as it sounds like if you are suffering from muscle spasm in the upper back region. You can try Norflex Co tablets, two three times daily, in order to treat the spasm.

Kind regards