Question
Posted by: Rosa | 2004/11/15

Back pain

I have a very painful back, i tried massaging it yesterday but it did not help, i tried stretching but nothing happened also. Its like its going down my spine(from the neck to the right curb of the right shoulder. Its very sore, Please help!

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Rosa
A sore back can be caused by many things. It can be because you slept in an unnatural position or lifting something. If this persists you should see a doctor

3
Posted by: Evah | 2005/01/20

Please help me, i have a back pain on my right hand side for a month , When i breath it's so painful. I have been taking some madications but it does not come right

Evah

Reply to Evah
Posted by: Eden | 2005/01/18

I have had back ache on and off for years. Treatments by doctors, eg a spinal block only works for a short while. I have now been told that in the long run it will be necessary for me to have a spinal fusion, which I am terrified of having and shall probably refuse to have, as I have two friends who are paralysed having had this op. The next step is scheduled for Friday, January 21, and is an epidural. Please explain what this entails as I've never had anything like this before. I am a young 60 and very healthy in every other regard. One more thing: I am a smoker and my bone density test last year showed that I have osteopaenia.

Reply to Eden
Posted by: BL | 2004/12/15

My mother is 80 years old. She has been told she has arthritus - she is suffering terribly - besides this she has diabetes, narrowing of the arteries, a huge hiatus hernia and an ulcer. Her biggest problem is her arthritus right now she says she feels like a limp doll and at times she feels as though she is paralised (although she it not). One other thing she is suffering from is neuropathy which is related to her diabetes. She is unable to take medicines because none of them agree with her - HELP ME PLEASE - HOW CAN I HELP HER.

Reply to BL