Question
Posted by: Winstar | 2004/02/17

back op, and extreme burning in back and from 36C to 44DD back op

I had a back op( T8/T9 )after an accident 8 yrs ago. Since then I have been incapacited with little exercise. As there is a continuous burning (some times feels the nerves are exposed )and twitching in my back(thoracic area ) I continue taking Lengthogesic tabs for pain, daily. I have been to specialists etc etc but all say they have never seen this problem.........(cost me a fortune )
Worsening my problem I have gained weight from 55kg to approx 90 kg ,and bust size from a firm 36c to a 44DD causing Coopers Droop........and suffer breathing problems when lying down
what will procedure be for a lift and a reduction...........?
with limited movement not very easy to loose excess weight - when weather permits I do a bit of water therapy in the swimming pool...is there medication to assit me to get my weight down?
I also had a colectomy op .1985.. (sections of intestine not functioning) I used to have bowel movement once in 3 weeks, after op improved and movement now approx. once every 7 - 10 days.

From being as fit as a fiddle, riding 5 horses a week to this now ..........my age is 51............ please advise

regards

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Winstar,

This situation needs a multi-disciplinary approach and a breat reduction and lift will not solve the underlying problem. You need to be assessed by a physician and a program worked out for solving your problem. Doing nothing is also not going to help you, I'm afraid.