Posted by: Hop a Long | 2008/06/15

Back Injury on duty

2 months ago I had a bad fall at work.
I shattered the cartlidge between the 4th and 5th disk,and had to undergo surgery. I am now in the process of healing. Can u explain how the injury on duty works,salary wise and do I have to check with the workmans compensation if my accident has been reported.I am extremly worried as my report was filled in by my manager incorrectly,and when I explained this to her she said it's fine,I fell due to the floor being wet with no sign boards visible.Her story was different.How can I correct this and what steps should I take?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageLabour lawyer

you need to log a complaint with workmans compensation as soon as possible.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Hop a long | 2008/09/05

Please could you help me on the following.I stated that I had an operation done on my spine in June,however,I have had to under go 2 more operations 1 -being the " Spacer" Prosthesis which did not relieve the pain,the next in August was the " Fusion"  and now to have one of the screws removed as it is touching a nerve. It has been 6 months of total agony and I would like to know :as it was the Companies Fault of Neglegence that I fell, How can I go about claiming for neglegence from the Company." No Sign Boards" Indicating Wet /Slippery Floors" .They are still paying me a full salary monthly,would this be because they are hoping I don' t open a case against them?Please advise .

Reply to Hop a long
Posted by: Hop a Long | 2008/06/21

Thank you for getting back to me. I called the Workmans Compansation Office,as I am unable to get there due to the operation that I have had .I am unable to sit for long periods at a time.I spoke to a lady there and I gave her all my details and she assured me that my case had been logged and that all hospital expenses are to be paid.I explained to her that I was worried about the fact that my report was filled in incorrectly and relayed my side of the story,she said that as far a she knows my case was reported telephonically!!!(is this legal?)and that I should however not worry as I am covered.She also explained the salary side,however I am still concerned about the report not being truthful on there side.What if I am to be boarded.How do I go about this ? Will I covered for Medical in full -for how long?Pls can u help?

Reply to Hop a Long

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.