Question
Posted by: Twang Toe | 2008/02/01

Back injury

I have a self inflicted injury from many years ago . Three of the discs in my lower back have disintigrated . What excercises can be done at home to strengthen back and stomach muscules . without causing too much pain .

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Twang Toe
Before you start exercises at home, you need to see a physiotherapist or maybe a Pilates instructor (many physios do this) to show you the correct way of doing these exercises. Sitting on a Pilates ball also helps to strengthen back and stomach muscles automatically, but it would be safer to first have a few demos as any exercise regime can be dangerous if not done correctly. Especially if there is some form of injury present.