Question
Posted by: Tori | 2004/11/15

Back from Hospital

Just wanted to let you know that i'm back from hospital after my terrible accident.
I'm also back at work, my body is still in terrible pain.

And thank you so much for all the nice messages. Christene printed them out and bought it to hospital for me.

I missed you guys.
Love

Dear Tori, so good to have you back, we were so concerned about you --- and how lucky to have a good pal like Christene who helped in this way ( and others, I dare say!). It sounded like it would be very painful, and rehab and getting moving, though difficult at first, will probably help to lessen the pain.
I used to help run a pain clinic, and one of the most important principles I found was this. Whatever pain meds you're using ( and often one can do well on something simple like Ibuprofen / brufen ) is to work out how long it is effective in controlling the pain within your metabolism and with your specific cause of pain. Say you find that after a single dose you feel reasonably comfortable for 4 hours. Then arrange to take a regular dose every 4 hours, so you take each new dose just before the last one wears off, and remain out of pain . What too many people do is to try to be "brave" and to sit in growing agony till they can't stand it any longer, and then take a pill. Not only does that way leave you spending far more hours a day in nasty pain, it usually leads to your actually taking more of the pain neds, with less benefits, that the strictly regular dosing. If needs less med to keep the pain from coming back, than it does to get rid of it in the first place.

1
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/11/15

Hi Tori,

& We missed you too. Hope it wasn't too serious, oh, & I just wanna remind you, sex is reputed to be a natural pain-killer...

Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun