Question
Posted by: Lou | 2008/01/11

BAck and hip pain

I have a disc in my neck and one in the lower back that are degenerating (I'm 37). Since the birth of my daughter 7 years ago (during my regnancy I sprained my back due to the disc problem) my back is alot worse, If I walk or stand for long periods, i get pretty bad lower back ache - i find some relief if I bend or sit. The other problem is that If I sleep for longer than 7 hours, I wake from pretty bad pain in the hip area (this also started after the birth of my daughter) - my hips/pelvis ache awfully. Getting up and moving and excercising seems to relieve this.
What can I do for both problems (if anything)?

Many thanks
Lou

Dear Lou

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I suggest that you consult an Orthropeadic Surgeon, in order to have x-rays done, as well as a CT scan of the affected areas, to assess the amount of damage done to your back and to start the appropriate treatment. In the meantime, you can take Coxflam 15 mg, once daily, to eleviate the pain.

Kind regards