Question
Posted by: Clara | 2005/07/13

Back Ache

Since I was 16, I have always suffered from back-ache. I have never had a nasty fall or any injury to my back. It gets really painful around 6 in the evening and extremely cold, even though I am sitting near a heater with a blanket. I have tried each and every diet and doctor and spent loads of money as a result. I am tired of the different doctors and just want to end this problem as I become depressed as soon as the aches start. I am 30 years old and have been trying to get pregnant for the past 3 years, but recently my gynae told me I have cervical fibroids, Please help as I am getting older and sore by the day...

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Dear Clara
I would recommend a visit to a chiropractor, who refer you for x/rays of your spine. If you already have some fairly recent x/rays - take these along with you. A physical examination will be conducted with relavent orthpaedic and neurological tests. After a full case history has been recorded, a course of action can be determined, which may indeed be chiropractic care with further advice on the care and maintenance of your spine. Should any other more serious pathology be evident, then a referral may be decided upon. I trust that this will help you - don't delay the problem too long - you're still young and there is still much for you to do and enjoy.