Posted by: Storm | 2012/04/20


I have a problem with lower back pain. I fell about 2 years ago at work. I was stiff and a bit of discomfort, but all went away. Last year March I fell again at work. Hurting my back, neck, elbow and wrist. My elbow and wrist healed. I went to 19 physiotherapy session. My neck or back did not get better. I was send to a neurologist who took X rays. Nothing could be seen. Went back to to physio. After few session went back to the dr. The dr. told me he''s not doing anymore WCL - so why am I here??? I told him that this was a follow up. After I told him the my right leg sometimes get num and my back (R/hand) has this pain from time to time. He told me we can do a MRI but we will not find anything. After the MRI he said I had a degenerated disc and a ''black disc''. I must go to my medical aid and get chronic pain pills. He is going to close the file. After 3 days the dr. phoned me again and said I must come back over a month just to see if the pain did not worsen. (One of his collegues said he must operate the other said no and he also says no) Not necessary. OKay - so I went back. Told him that I still have pain. (as I am sitting now writting this I have a burning pain sensation in my right back side) I also told him that I have a funny numbness feeling - associated with a funny pain - going from my left buttocks to my calf and foot. He then said it does not have a connection my problem is on my right hand side. He closed the case and said I must speak to my dr for pills. I do not have a medical aid. Now I must pay for something that wasn.t my fault - the fall. I really think there is still a problem and do not know why he closed the case. I still sit with pain in my right. The pain comes and go. There is not one day that goes by that I do not have pain in my neck or back. If I drive a long way I must climbed out of my car as if I am crippled. Walk a few steps then I am okay. Can I go for a second opinion?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


Yes, you are welcome to get a second opinion. Chronic back pain can be treated with medication and surgery can alleviate the pain but must only be performed as a last resource/option. You can also make an appointment at a pain clinic at your nearest hospital.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.