Question
Posted by: Betty Boo | 2007/03/19

Babygirl "frustrated'

Could you please advise us on a possibe cause of our 10 month old (born 2 months prem) having semi-tantrums. She becomes red in the face and seems to be frustrated when she is over-tired, and hungry- but this behaviour is not at all predictable. I believe that she does not know how to re-act at this stage of her development but am sure that she would shout or grind her teeth if she had any!!
She is hyper-active and we struggle to put her to sleep, both during the day as well as at night- time. She also wakes during the night for feeds, but sometimes just a little dis-gruntled. My poor husband suffers mostly as he does the early morning session, which is at 4am!!
Our daughter is always very friendly and happy, laughs alot and is very active - she started pulling herself up at 9 months!
My brother suffered from hyper-activity and still has ADD. Could our child have a similar problem? Please give us some advice.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Betty
Premmies tend to be more irritable that other children due to the neurological development that was compromised. Please read the article on http://www.remspeced.co.za/Articles/20070313_0002.htm, since I think this will anwer a lot of your questions.
Warm regards
Welma