Question
Posted by: THATO | 2004/01/15

Baby's weight

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and my baby weight is 2.8, I want to give birth naturally but i'm warried that the baby is big.

The baby is of normal size for this gestation. More than 4 kg is considered "too big".

2
Posted by: www | 2004/01/15

I agree with EM fully. Most people and sometimes even doctors suddenly think that "the baby is too big", but this is rarely medically the case. Also, the scan of my baby 2 days before birth, showed him at about 4kg but when he was born he was 3,3kg. You must remember that so late in your pregnancy the baby gets a bit big for the ultrasound scanner to pick up a very accurate weight estimation. Like EM said, the doctor will tell you if there is possibly a problem.

Reply to www
Posted by: Em | 2004/01/15

My sister gave birth to her son naturally and he weighed a healthy 4.3kg's. Unless the baby becomes extremely big before delivery you should be fine but your doctor will examine you to make sure that you are not to small for natural birth.

Reply to Em