Posted by: Bons | 2008/10/01

Baby' s Position in Belly at 29 weeks.

How high or low down should you feel the baby at 29 weeks pregnant?

Is it ok if the baby seems to always be below the belly-button ie. movement along with the bulging out with the movements, both big and small, are below the belly-button?

If so, when should it move higher?

If not, where should you feel it?

Dear Bons
Usually the baby is at the belly-button level at about 20 weeks and then 1cm above the belly button for every week after that until about 26 weeks. At 38 weeks it is at its highest and then starts descending as the baby drops into the pelvis. Some women may have a wider pelvis and may carry the baby "low". The best way to determine whether the baby is growing as it should is to do a sonar.

Posted by: Bons | 2008/10/02

At my last visit, a week ago, the Doc said that baby is growing well.
It fits the measurements according to its age, so growth isn' t a problem.
I hope it' s just a large pelvis and that baby turns head down in time.

Reply to Bons