Question
Posted by: Malan | 2007/06/08

Baby's heartbeat

We were at the Gynaecologist at about 10 weeks(time according to original blood tests)we didn't get a heartbeat and doctor said that it stopped at 7weeks.Is it possible that heartbeat can not be picked up yet?

No a fetus' heartcan be seen beating from as early as 6weeks if there is a fetal pole. The reason why your gynhas says 7 weeks is that the fetus measures 7 weeks because it has not grown because of its demise. You may be 10 weeks pregnant but this fetus with no fetal heart has already died. Sorry about the sad news.

2
Posted by: Nix | 2007/06/08

no, i'm sorry, the same thing happened to me. your heartbeat shows by 6 weeks already, i saw my babies heartbeat at 6 weeks 4 days, then when i went back at 11 weeks my doc told be that the baby was the size of a 9 week old, he sent me for a second opinion who confirmed that my baby had died at 9 weeks. if you are not happy with the result given go for a second opinion. sorry to hear of your loss. it's really hard but remember you WILL fall pregnant again.

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Tam2 | 2007/06/08

You sould see a heartbeat after 6 weeks. At 10 weeks you should defenatly see a heartbeat.

So sorry.............

Reply to Tam2