Question
Posted by: Kitty | 2012/02/15

Baby weight - follow up

Another question I forgot to ask. Would it be better to concentrate on getting fit first, or try to lose weight. I''m thinking that maybe if I can get like really fit, the weight will automatically come off. What type of program can i do on a treadmill that will get one fit. Or have I got the wrong impression?

HI Kitty

I think the two are part of the same rope - think of them as threads in the same rope. If you get fitter, the weight will come off. Practicaly, my advice to people is always to focus on the fitness aspect because a) it happens sooner, b) it's more self-rewarding, and c) it's helps give you a daily goal. Weight fluctuates, it comes off slowly and it also isn't a great guide from day to day. I'd say you should weigh yourself only once a week, probably even once every 2 weeks. But the fitness side is something you'll always have - you'll be able to judge whether you're feeling better than you were the week before, doing the same training. Or you will find that you're going further in training, or faster, and that's a more encouraging thing to aspire to.

So yes, aim for fitness. There are some running and walking programmes here: http://www.health24.com/fitness/Programmes/16-1347.asp

You might pick one of those for a start.

2
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2012/02/17

HI Kitty

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2012/02/17

HI Kitty

Reply to fitnessdoc