Question
Posted by: Josie | 2005/07/15

Baby timing - advice pls

My b-day is in September (know this prop sounds corny) but we are thinking of starting a family and i would love to have our baby in Sept next year...

I know it not always easy planning but can you give me some adivice when i should go off the pill and which months to try for baby to be born in Sept.

You would have to conceive in December but it is not easy to time things so accurately. Pokkel has given good advice.

3
Posted by: Sanet | 2005/07/15

Josie

My birthday is also in September and my little one is due about 2 days before my birthday. I went off the pill end of Sept. last year, used other contraception for Oct and Nov and I was lucky enough to conceive in December. It will differ from person to person how soon you will conceive.

Reply to Sanet
Posted by: SLC | 2005/07/15

Well, they usually count 40 weeks from the first day of your last period. My son was born in October & my last period was beginning January so you would need to try fall pregnant in December to have a September baby.

I can't advise when you should go off the pill as it varies between woman as to how long it takes to fall pregnant.

Reply to SLC
Posted by: Pokkel | 2005/07/15

If you are currently on the pill, you can leave it now. This will mean that you can fall pregnant any time from now, which will result in the baby being born in May or June.

But if you dont want the baby before September next year and you only want to start "trying" to have the baby from Sept next year onwards, then leave the pill now and use condoms until December. That way we know that the effects of the pill has worked out of your system and your periods has been regulated.

If you conceive in December or January, then baby will be born in September.

Reply to Pokkel