Question
Posted by: J | 2005/07/14

baby smelly feet

I have a 6 month old baby. when I take his sox or babygrow off he has smelly feet! I always wash his feet nice and kleen with soap and make sure to dry them off very well, but his feet is still smelly - its a cheesy smell..

Expert ImageArchive

It is very unusual for a baby to have this condition, Without much information to go on I must recommend that you take your baby to your paediatrician and check it up

1
Posted by: atlantic | 2005/07/16

hi dear my poppet had the same prob when she was round about that age its almost a phase the feet go thru its like the sweat glands don't function properly while the body is going thru a growth spurt.

Just get some johnson's baby cologne - the one in the blue bottle is the nicest - then splash some on your hands and pat his feet between your hands. Do this after every bath time. You can then also sprinkle a tiny bit of baby cornstarch powder after the cologne. Also keep his toenails short as the smell could be some bacteria under the nails. Change his socks in the afternoon if you can. Lastly as often as possible let his feet air - i.e no socks or babygro. I know its winter but if at all the day is a bit warm let his feet breathe just a little while. Once summer comes keep him barefooted almost all the time.

all the best and give him a smacking kiss for me (even on his feet!)

Reply to atlantic