Question
Posted by: Claudia | 2004/01/26

Baby not Kicking

I'm 20 weeks pregnant in my first pregnancy and have not yet felt the baby kick. I feel alot of movement in my abdomen and do get lower abdominal pains, but as yet no kick... is this normal?

Kicking is a bad word. Movement is more like what you will feel. The big kicks will come later when the baby is bigger.

2
Posted by: Kate | 2004/01/26

This is completely normal. I felt a little movement at 16 weeks then nothing until about 24 weeks. Thereafter I have felt him kick and move a lot. It is a wonderful feeling and you need not stress that you haven't felt it yet. Wait another 2 - 4 weeks and you will start to feel it.

Best of luck!

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/01/26

Claudia
I am sure that many other pregnant ladies will tell you the same - I am sure there is absolutely nothing to worry about as in most first pregnancies the babies only start kicking around 20 to 23 weeks!
If you feel movement that is okay and I am sure that the little one will start kicking you soon and non stop after that.
I am a 3rd time mom and the little one started to kick around 15 wks, but this as I said is not the norm for 1st timers.
My gynae is also pregnant for the first time and her baby only started to kick at 23 wks.

Enjoy your pregnancy!

Reply to Kippie