Question
Posted by: worried | 2006/07/20

baby movements

i feel the baby movements sometimes after a week is this a problem or okay , I am 23 weeks , shouldn`t i be feeling the movements everyday?

At this stage they are still quite irregular.

5
Posted by: SARAH | 2006/07/20

no phone and tell them you can feel nothing. i would.

Reply to SARAH
Posted by: mika | 2006/07/20

No do not wait for app, phone in and tell them you dont feel anything for days and they MUST see you asap. In most cases something can still be done IF there is a problem. I heard a gynae comment on a patient who came 4 days later after no movement, the baby was fine by the way but the gynae said behind her back:"how could she wait SO long"

Makes you think, we always think the gynae will think we paranoid, NO.

Reply to mika
Posted by: worried | 2006/07/20

i go for scans every month the last one was on the 27 June 2006 the next appointment will be on the 25 July 2006 next week Tuesday, do you think I must wait for the appointment or what must i do now?

Reply to worried
Posted by: lolo | 2006/07/20

starting from 23weeks you should feel the movements everyday if not consult your doctor this is a very cruicial stage.

Reply to lolo
Posted by: sarah | 2006/07/20

yes i think you should. when was your last scan? maybe your baby is small for its size or just lazy. if you go every month for scans and baby is fine then maybe he/she is just lazy. but phone and book a scan if you haven't been for a while. just to put your mind at ease because this is worrying. i remember i didnt feel my son move for 2 days when i was pregnant and it was the longest 2 days of my life. i had a scan booked for a week after that and couldnt wait for the time to pass so i could just be sure that he was fine. i mentioned it to my gynae and he said next time it happens i must phone and book just to reassure me.

Reply to sarah