Question
Posted by: Ell | 2008/01/07

baby kick?

i am preggies and on my 16th week and my baby hasn't stated kicking, should i be worried? when do they start?

In your first preganncy, you may only feel movements by 20 weeks.

Bedst wishes

3
Posted by: Ell | 2008/01/08

Thank you ladies & Doc!
Yes it is my first baba and on my last gynae visit we heard and saw the heartbeat, it was AMAZING!! I'm going again tomorrow and I can't wait!
Good luck with your a.p Ang

Reply to Ell
Posted by: ang | 2008/01/07

hi ell, i just had the same concern. I will be 16 weeks pregnant at the end of this week. And i have not felt my baby's kicks yet. I am so worried as most of my mates told me that i should be feeling the butterflies already. I have not even been 2 the gynae yet 2 check 4 a heartbeat. But if its your first pregnancy, you shouldn't worry too much. I am sure all should be fine. Meanwhile i am holding tight for my first appointment on 22nd of this month. Ang

Reply to ang
Posted by: Jayne | 2008/01/07

Its nothing to worry about Ell. Baby is moving already but yoou cannot feel it yet. Is it your 1st pregnancy? usually in a 1st pregnancy you can only feel baby move from your 20-23 week. Some ladies feel quickenings from 17weeks (or so pregnancy weekly say) I felt my peanut move on 17weeks already.
As long as baby's heartbeat is fine you dont have to worry. He/ she will make their presence knon soon:-D

Jayne
20w3d

Reply to Jayne