Question
Posted by: MEEEE | 2008/01/16

BABY FAT

Hi, i would like to know what i can do to get my abs in great condition again. I had c section and know my abs are feeling like a loose skin. nothing work. i use the ab king and the power max - not working yet.... what can i do please help!!!!

Hi Meeee

Tricky one, but the answer is regular cardio training, and not necessarily all the local and specific work. So things like the ab king and power max are making the muscles work and that's not bad, but by itself, it's likely to be very ineffective. And what you need instead is regular cardio training, running, cycling, walking, aerobics taebo. 4 or 5 times a week, 45 minutes each time. Check out the fitness page and have a look for "programmes" for some good ideas.

In terms of the C section, I must confess I'm not 100% sure about the prognosis once the muscles are 'damaged' by surgery. But others have succeeded so there is no reason why you cannot. But it's cardio, not the specific stuff that is more effective. And don't forget diet!