Question
Posted by: Worried Hubby | 2007/06/12

Baby Blues and pituitary adenoma

My wife and I where blessed with a beautiful baby girl 18 Months ago. Soon after, my wife started with a really bad case of baby blues. Her gynea prescribed cipromil which caused nausea and then Zoloft which has had a very good effect. However, the bad times have become really bad. (Agression, knife wielding etc.) She is ok 90% of the time but when things flare up nobody gets away unscathed. I am only human and am pretty sure that I have not always reacted in the best way possible. The worry and stress is getting to me too.

She was previously diagnosed with a pituitary adenoma (treated with Dostinex) and I am starting to think that maybe it has flared up again and is adding to any hormonal imbalances that there may be.

What do I do? I love my wife and child and just want her to get better. Please help ;)

Concerned Hubby

Your situaion sounds dire. I suggest you consult with your wife's gyn urgently , even telephonically, who will need o review her clinically and may then refer your wife to a psychiatrist to optimise her depression management if indicated.
Pituitary adenomas do cause hormone imbalances but it is unlikely to cause aggression.