Question
Posted by: Sissy | 2007/05/10

Baby blues

My baby is 10 weeks old. I still feel very weepy and vulnerable sometimes (mostly evenings). I cry over things that never used to bother me before. for eg. when my husband has to work late. It is like I am afraid of being alone!!!

This frustrates me so much because I am used to being in control and tough and mean and independend.

Is there anything I can do to make me feel better? (some pill perhaps??) I don't think I suffer from PND.

Perhaps there is a support group you can join. If you need pills, you need to see a doctor.

2
Posted by: Sissy | 2007/05/11

Thank you TC. It feels great just to hear that someone thinks I am normal. I feel so "un-normal" at the moment. LOL.

But I think you are right - I will probably feel better in a while. I think I am just too impatient.

Reply to Sissy
Posted by: TC | 2007/05/10

It is very "normal" to feel like this as your hormones are still not what they use to be. I am not sure if there is medication, but there is nothing wrong with you. It gets better after a while, but being a mother will change you for ever as you will now be more "tuned" into yourself and your emotions. Learn to use it to your advantage. Good luck

Reply to TC