Question
Posted by: Caz | 2006/11/06

Baby bird

I have a five/six week old handreered ringneck... the last few days he seems hungry but doesn't really wanna eat, he would eat a little but not filling up himHe also makes "crying" sounds from time to time. Please tell me this is normal?

Check with the breeder that what you are feeding is correct. You can also ask your vet to look the bird over to make sure there is nothing serious brewing.

2
Posted by: WR | 2006/11/06

Hi there!

Well I guess your best bet would be to take him to an Avian Vet! All depends on how many times a day you feed him, and how much he eats at a time. Do you weigh him? If no, weigh him and check that he does pick up weight. It should be a little every day. He should be fed the handraising formula up-to about 13/14 weeks. What are you feeding him?
Yes, they do make little crying sounds, but that should stop the moment h has been fed enough. Is his poo ok? Sounds funny I know, but he can get 'constipated' quicker than you'd guess! Make sure he has normal poo, and not too runny or too dry.

After all this has been said, I recommend that you either take him to an Avian Vet, or to an experienced hand-rearing breeder.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Reply to WR
Posted by: Caz | 2006/11/06

Oops... sorry, hit the button before correcting mistakes... lol...

Reply to Caz