Question
Posted by: Niloufar | 2006/03/31

Baby arrival

To T1, Mommy and Doc
As promised, my sister gave birth to a baby girl weighing 2.91KG last night at 19H20 but there is a probelm with the baby, her right leg is twisted (looking the opposite way) and her gaynae told us it could be the position the baby in the womb that caused it, he them arranged a paeditrician who will exmine the baby today, can such situations be rectified? she has just been told by a nurse that a shrink has been arranged to speak to her with regard to the baby? I hope the leg is not permanently damaged as that will she will not be able to walk
Date: 31/3/2006

Occasionally, the baby's position in the uterus may affect the way the limbs are positioned. The paediatrician who examines the baby would be able to give you a better idea regarding diagnosis, management and eventual outcome.

1
Posted by: Kippie | 2006/03/31

Congratulations on the little one!
I have been reading some of your previous posts and wondered when the little one will be making her arrival.
I am sure that the leg can be rectified. They are so advanced in medicine these days that I believe close to everything is possible!!

Take care and let us know what the paeditrician says.

Reply to Kippie