Question
Posted by: concerned | 2008/05/26

Baby #1 by Csection now baby #2???

I had my 1st baby by emrgency c-section in april 2007 I am now 5 months pregnant with baby #2. What are the risks involved in having a vaginal birth this time? My doctor says its safer to have a c-section agagin ... why is this so?? I need info to make a final decision about the birth of my baby. but the internet doesnt seem to help much. please help

There is a 0.5% risk of rupture of the uterus with a vaginal birth after caesarean section. This may be increased depending on the reasons for the caesarean and the type of caesarean done.

1
Posted by: Timon | 2008/05/27

Hi Concerned, i was in the same boat last year, i had my first one in 2003 by emergency c/s, last year when i fell pregnant i told my doc that i wanted to try normal/natural, he was not totally against it but i could feel he did not want me to do it, he sad if labour started we will do it but under monitoring, but as time went by he sad for the baby sake and my own we should do the c/s again. There was nothing critical about my second pregnancy, i just think doc didn't want me to. Anyway they think c/s is quicker and more convinient for them. I think you should go for second opinion from another doc and find out your chances of normal birth. Trust me i know how you are feeling, i was actually depressed after birth cos it was not what i wanted, and i wish i had gone for second opinion. good luck with the birth.

Reply to Timon