Question
Posted by: Jo | 2007/08/21

B12

Hi there.
Im a fitness enthusiast and hit the gym around 4 times a week. Ive noticed alot of people recommending me Vitamin B12 injections to help with exercize. What does B12 injections help with and would you recommend it for me? And also, since its available OTC(i think) then must I just inject myself in my arm or is there a certain spot I have to hit?

Dear Jo
You don't have to take the injections, you can take the oral tablets. Vit B is involved in the normal functioning of the brain and nervous system and essential for the formation of blood. It is involved in cell metabolism , important for DNA synthesis and regulation and fatty acid synthesis and energy production.
We normally prescribe the injections for people that do not absorb their Vit B's well. A vit B injection must be given in the outer, upper 1/4 of your bum and it BURNS.