Question
Posted by: Tokkie | 2008/02/05

B negative blood type

I hope you can help me. I do not know what my husband's blood type is, but I'm B negative. We want to start with a family soon, but a friend made a comment that due to my blood type, we might have some problems, and should get my husband tested. Can you please give me more information on this? Thank you very much in advance.

If your husband is +ve, it means that the baby could have a +ve blood type. This means that, at the time of delivery, antibodies could be formed which could cause problems in later prgenancies. This can be prevented by having a Rhogam injection after delivery.