Question
Posted by: wet | 2003/12/18

b

i am 33 male. I wet the bed every few months. Firstly is this normal because my wife really freeks out and makes me feel terrible. If not what can be done to stop it?

Dear Wet,
It's obviously not practical to answer this question at a distance. You don't mention if this has always been so, or if its a problem that has recently arisen, but this is an important question.
There are broadly two reasons why someone might wet the bed. One is, like a child does, because they have not yet mastered the art of staying dry or are still developing the nervous equipment needed to be reliable about this --- clearly this doesn't apply to you.
The other is that there could be a problem, perhaps neurological, making one's dry-staying equipment unreliable ; one might be developing a form of epilepsy, in which one could be having little fits in the night without realizing it, but with involuntary wetting of oneself as part of it ; one might have developed a bladder infection, making the blader irritable ; and so on
It's not a problem worth trying to ignore, as whatever the cause, it's easier to deal with and probably clear up, the sooner one starts. A GP could do an initial physical checkup, and one might see a Neurologist, as one would absolutely want to rule out any phyical cause which would need a specific remedy, before thinking of any other uncommon causes.

1
Posted by: b | 2003/12/18

thanks for the advice, it is something i guess that started a few years ago but has sort of been getting worse with time.

Reply to b