Question
Posted by: zee | 2007/05/29

axema

i have a bad case of exema, the doctors have tried to help, i even went to a specialist and nothing has helped it still persists. one doctor even said its seasonal and can only get it in winter, but the main problem is i have it throughout the seasons. its starting to spread all over my body and i fear i may be getting snake skin. is my paranoia justified?

Dear Zee
No you won't develop snake skin - eczema is hereditary and you can manage it but won't really be able to heal it - however it may help to avoid foods that make it worse, only wash your clothes in Sunlight soap ( the enzymes in washing powder irritates the skin) bath with UEA or Elizabeth anne baby shampoo instead of soap, use moisturizer liberally on the affected areas every 6 hours , take evening primrose oil supplements and put zinc ointment ( fissan paste) on a gauze on the skin areas that are broken and oozing.

2
Posted by: zee | 2007/05/31

I have been tested for allergies and i have none.but the doctor advised i eat less dairy products, milk,cheese ect.Hope your boy gets better, i know how irritating this is.

Reply to zee
Posted by: Lu-lu | 2007/05/29

Have they tested you for allergies? I heard that egg and citris allergies can worsen exzema? My boy also get it from any form of perfume in lotions or fabric softner in washingpowder! Went through it now again, whole body looks as if he has german measels!!! But since I've washed all his washing in new soap and stopped a cream, he started getting better.....Strenghs

Reply to Lu-lu