Question
Posted by: Joe Slovo | 2004/01/29

Awaitng sentence for no crime

Hi Doc & Readers
I am to be sentenced at 11hoo today. It is now 09h00. My hands are sweating and shaking, my knees are weak and I have a lump in my throat that I cannot swallow. I could not sleep last night and still have a knot in my stoumach.
Everyone at work is ignoring me at this moment -- don't blame them - what can they say? I guess it's tough on them too.

My Black friend has spotted my previous posting on your forum and has made contact with me. What a blessing.
I copy and paste his message as follows:-
"Hope you're better today.
I just read the message board in Health24.
I am totally shocked.
I am confident that this case will be thrown out during the internal discplinary process.
But that such hatred, envy and evil reside in one person is beyond me.
I know this must be very stressful for you at this time.
You may have to climb this mountain and it may be very rocky but hold on and you will survive.
Let me know how things progress".

Doc, I don't have a question. I have a need to talk to someone and that's all I'm doing right now.
I will keep you informed of how things progress.
I feel a little incoherent at the moment.
Till later then.
Joe

Joe --- dont hesitate, contact the CCMA, and get a good lawyer on your side, and explore suing the *** out of them to ensure that they both treat you right, and that they never dare do it to anyone else, ever again.
But for God's sake, while you're welcome here to seek emotioanl support, don't rely on us for legal answers to legal questions. See a lawyer as soon as possible and don't dither about that. You MUST have a lawyer to represent you if you make an appeal, and to advise on which option to choose. Good luck with the CCMA option and here's to your winning that case.

4
Posted by: Joe Slovo | 2004/01/30

I am entirely innocent !

In the meantime I have accepted the demotion.
Now that my mind is a little clearer, I realise that I really have no choice. After all, a half loaf of bread is better than none.

I have taken the good advice of the CyberShrink and Readers. and have lodged a dispute with this company at the CCMA.
The wheels of real justice have now been set in motion, thanks to your encouragement.

I shall keep you posted.

Reply to Joe Slovo
Posted by: Kernel | 2004/01/29

If you think you are guilty as charged, accept the demotion - if you think you are innocent, then appeal - the truth will eventually come out.

Reply to Kernel
Posted by: d | 2004/01/29

Have followed you previous postings with interest. In my humble opinion, seek professional advice (Labour Law) or go direct to CCMA. I'm sure that they will be able to tell you instantly if you have a leg to stand on or not.

GOOD LUCK!!!

P.S. Keep the forum posted

Reply to d
Posted by: Joe Slovo | 2004/01/29

To everyone who is familiar with my story,
I have just been sentenced and report back as promised.
(Somehow, I am feeling much less anxious at present).

I have been dismissed with the option of an appeal.
Alternatively, I may accept a demotion with a decrease of salary, but then forfeight the right to appeal.

What shall I do?
I have been given 7days to decide.
Please help me with advice and suggestions.

Thank you.

Reply to Joe Slovo