Question
Posted by: jinx | 2007/05/30

avoided the truth re my career

I have been with my b/f for 4 months now. He still does not know what I do for a career as I sort of um and ah about what I do. I was employed as a powerpoint specialist, but because it is fairly quiet at the moment, I am doing a lot of PA work. I am embarresed about it. He is always asking why I am doing this or that, when I tell him what I did in the day. He is very wealthy - drives a porsche and lives in an apartment in Sandton. He would laugh at my position and salary, hence the fear. How do I broach the truth with him?

G is oh so right --- if he's going out for you because of your precise occupation, he should be working in an employment agency already --- he's surely merely making conversation, and your air of excessive mystery about your occupation must make it more interesting, and even may suggest that there's somehow something wrong with it. If he is among the rare breed of highly wealthy Porchers, he can't posibly be assuming that your salary matches his. Why not just, one day, when he is talking about something like this, talk about your Powerpoint specialty, and how you fill in with other jobs as well. <br>If he thinks even the tiniest bit less of you after finding the truth, he's an idiot and you'd be well rid of him

2
Posted by: rose | 2007/05/30

jinx m sure, if he is so wealthy, he is not with you because of your money... so relax and tell him the truth. it really is rather liberating!! go for it. ;-)

ps. what G says is also 100% true.

Reply to rose
Posted by: G | 2007/05/30

I am sure he is not going out with you for your work skills :-)

And if he finds it laughable then he is shallow and you are better off without him ....

Reply to G