Question
Posted by: Zoe | 2004/01/13

Average taken to determine pregnancy

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I need to determine when i will ovulate, but my periods have been strange lately. the last two months have been 31 days and before that it was normally 28days. Now this month i got my period on sunday the 11th which is 34days. When will i ovulate? and what is the average of my cycle. Another question is what vitamins or what can i do to increase possibility for falling pregnant. I have been trying for 3months now. Thanks for your help, you are all a great bunch of people.

You are probably ovulating at different times. Work on somewhere between Day 14 and 20. Folate is recommended while you are trying to fall pregnant. This is not to increase the chances of pregnancy but to help prevent spina bifida in the baby when you do fall pegnant.

1
Posted by: www | 2004/01/13

Hi Zoe, normally you ovulate around 14 days before your next period starts which means that your "fertile time" is around day 12 to day 16. However, if you are not having regular periods, it's going to be really hard to determine this. But if you work out what your normal day 14 is on a 28-day cycle and you take that day plus 5 days after that, I'm guessing you pretty much cover the fertile time....?

3 months worth of trying really isn't much at all and you have nothing to worry about yet. There are people on this forum that have been trying for years even and the doc always says that it can take a normal couple up to a year to conceive. So have patience and enjoy the journey.

There are no vitamins you can take to increase the possibility of falling pregnant, all you can do is to take folic acid and if you want to, a pregnancy multi-vitamin to increase the chances of you having a healthy baby when you do fall pregnant.

Reply to www