Question
Posted by: Jan | 2007/05/08

Avascular necrosis

I have had both hips and shoulders replaced as aresult of avn<br>My back is killing me and just had an MRI done.No pain relief was subscribed and i was placed on a waiting list for further treatment.Please advise on any other options of surgeons i can ask for opinions.Please I am really in lot of pain.<br><br>Jan

Dear Jan
It may always be a good idea to get a physiotherapist second opinion as a lot of back pain is caused by mechanical pain. Only if the discs or bones in the back are putting pressure on the nerves will an operation really be needed.