Question
Posted by: Candy | 2004/10/28

Augmentation or wait.......

I would like to go for my first breast augmentation as I am starting to sag a bit, i do have a nice size, but in a bikini they look saggie and small due to lack of support, however my husband and I would like to have a baby in about 1 and a half years time and I am in two minds whether I should do it now or wait until I've had my kids,

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Candy,

While you might not have any problems with breastfeeding after a breast augmentation, I prefer my patients to wait till they've had all their children before having an augmentation. This not only aids with the long term success of the procedure, but also assists the mom, who goes through emotional trauma if she cannot breastfeed due to possible complications of the augmentation procedure.

I have done it it in the past, and many a mother can successfully breastfeed, but there can be problems too.