Question
Posted by: gary | 2007/06/22

auditory processing

My son has been diagnosed with ADD. He is 8 years old and he also struggles with auditory processing. He has a 26 point discrepancy in his verbal and non-verbal IQ. He is on Ritalin, has been on it for the last year and a half.
What can be done to decrease the gap in his verbal and non-verbal IQ scores?
What does the cerebellum have to do with all this? What can I do to help?

ADD mom

He needs to be assessed by a paediatrician with a special interest i n ADD, who might have an answer for you. I don't think the cerebellum is likely to be elevant here, and I haven't see evidence that it is.