Posted by: Tony | 2004/10/14


can anyone recommend an attorney in cape town i can use to help me have my name removed from itc

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

I can't advertise on this website.

I suggest you discuss this issue with your Bank Manager for advice.


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: no-name | 2004/10/22

This expert is seriously useless. everytime he's faced with a ? he just copy and paste this line : "i suggest you discuss this issue with your bank manager"

Reply to no-name
Posted by: Been there | 2004/10/15

Get a letter from the judgement that has been paid up stating that they do not oppose a rescission of the judgement. Once you have that letter then you have to get the case number and court where the judgement was passed. Take that letter to a lawyer and the whole process should cost you around R600 withe lawyers once you have supplied him with the necessary documentation. With me the whole process too about 6 weeks and the lawyers were in another town.

The second judgement: You have to negotiate with the company concerned and chances are they will not agree to anything until you have settled their debt. After you have settled then you can do the same process.

With the defaults:
You can file for a complaint with the Credit Company (don't know which one Experian or ITC) they have websites where they give guidelines on how to file for a complaint, the remedies and processes. You can save yourself some money and it does come with lots of headaches.


If you have paid the companies, ask them to remove your name. They don't have to agree. They need to update the accounts have been paid up though. The ITC will have to remove those defaults after a period of 3 years whether they have been paid or not and the judgements are 5 years.

Reply to Been there
Posted by: tony | 2004/10/15

my bank manager is not interested

Reply to tony

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.