Question
Posted by: Sheryl | 2007/03/13

Attn Natasha re-cattery

Thanks for the info - I did a search on google - some of the enclosures
are so beautiful. I have a rescued ginger cat who I keep separate from the rest of my gang - I've tried to integrate him and have had two trips to the vet with abcesses to show for it, so this would be ideal for him. It would be great if there were places in SA selling DIY kits - does anyone know of any such places? If not, I'll have to get creative - Thanks again.

If you find a local cattery that meets your requirements ask them where they got their units from.

1
Posted by: Natasha | 2007/03/13

Hi Sheryl
The internet pics are great hey !!
My husband has his own small business, making anything with steel as requested by customers. So he is making my cattery himself. I said to him that he should advertise to build catteries !! He is just not sure how big a demand there would be in SA.
We are building one because I had a rescued cat (my husband found him abandoned at his factory) who was only 3 weeks old. I had to take him to work and feed him with a syringe. Once he was spayed, we started letting him go outside. My Smugie was a very big and mostly grumpy boy (especially when I locked in inside the house) He loved the outdoors, but I was always paranoid about him getting hurt outside. My fears came try on Sunday when I found him lying on the side of the road when I was comming home. He was only 1and a half years old. That was almost 2 years ago, and I still see him there like it was yesterday. My husband got me 2 little brother kitties after that and I vowed that what happened to my Smugie will never happen to another cat I ever have the pleasure of "owning". So we are building this cattery. And my 2 kitties are so eager to get into it. It is not totally closed in yet, so they have not been allowed out yet. But every weekend when I work in the area, planting plants etc, they both sit with their noses pressed against the window watching, as if to say "make snappy" !!

Reply to Natasha