Posted by: CC | 2008/09/04

Attention Leoni - Insulin Resistance

Hi Leoni,
I have been sending you emails which i got from your previous posts. I also have Insulin Resistance and want to know more about your South Beach Diet, i have the book but bought a very bad edition and cant find a latest one. Please help. Have been on the web site but not helpful. Tell me is this the same as The Diet That Everyone Talks About????

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Dear CC
Please be careful of using 'The diet that everyone is talking about' as it is unbalanced and not ideal for patients with insulin resistance. Rather spend your money on consulting a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area) for a balanced, low-fat low-GI diet that will not only cause weightloss, but also help to stabilise your blood insulin and glucose levels. Keep in mind that it is also important to do daily aerobic exercise to help your body keep the insulin levels normal.