Question
Posted by: lulu-love | 2008/07/21

Attention deficiency in children

My child has been diagnosed as an AD child in class by the teacher. She does not finish her work sometimes. What kind of help do we need and where can we get that, as this is very new to me. She is in grade 2 now and I do not want this to affect her pergormance in school.

If a teacher is experienced, they may be able to usefully raise the possibility that a child MIGHT have ADHD --- no teacher is trained or qualified to majke any diagnosis at all. It would be best for the child to see either a pediatrician with an interest in ADHD< or a child psychiatrist or chil;d psychologist, for a proper assesment and diagnosis, on the basis of which one can then sensibly consider treatment options