Question
Posted by: Cornel | 2007/08/03

Attention Anxious

Hi there! Glad to see you are coping with your stockings and enjoying walk for life!

I started a new job a month ago and then I got sick and ended up in Hospital from 18-28 July (first Brits Medi and then Unitas Pretoria). After 2 months of struggling with "griep" symptomes and seeing 3 different GP's that could not diagnose the REAL problem, I ended up seeing a BRAND NEW GP and he just did the normal bloodtests and diagnosed SUB ACUTE ENDOCARDITIS!!! I just thank God that I went to see him, cause I could have died eventually and damaged the already damaged heart valve even further!

Well, I am back at work now and enjoying the new job and I feel a lot better these days. Just have to finish 10 boxes of 1000mg penincillin antibiotica (which makes my tummy cramp and run) and then I'll be fine.

have a great day! Would love to hear from you again.

3
Posted by: anxious | 2007/08/04

Hi Cornel

My word - I am glad to see you went to the new doctor - you should probably stick with him now! Some doctors can be more thorough and look for the real problem than others - I am not a fan of one of my gp's locums, I feel he is not aggressive enough in treating me when I am sick and will only deal with my urologist when it comes to my kidney trouble, if my gp is away! I am very lucky in that my gp is very thorough in treating his patients, my leg being the perfect example, i.e. he never gave up in finding the cause of my severe swelling in my foot, even if it did take 8 weeks!

Glad you are feeling better - that antibiotic treatment sounds horrendous, but you clearly need it!

Nice to hear from you again.

All the best

Are you by any chance taking Augmentin SR?!

Its very good and very strong!

Reply to anxious
Posted by: Cornel | 2007/08/03

Thank you Friend. I have a chewable tablet (something like Inteflora - can't remember the name) but it is obviously not working. Will get some Probiflora today.

have a great day!

Reply to Cornel
Posted by: Friend | 2007/08/03

Hi Cornel

I hope you don't mind if I give you some advice. Every time I take penicillin my tummy also cramps and I get the runs. For the last few times I took Probiflora 4 (1 in the morning and 1 in the evening) and believe me you wont even know that you are taking antibiotica. It is really wonderfull. You can give this a try.

Reply to Friend