Question
Posted by: Karen | 2005/12/13

Att: Pencil

Hi Pencil

Couldn't help but think about you last night, is your dog okay?

Pleased to hear the dog is holding on there. And the dog with fits when excited is interesting ; some particular dogs have versions of puzzling human conditions, Cataplexy ( in which they collapse, awake but temporarily unable to move, when excited ) and Narcolepsy ( in which someone falls asleep suddenly and without warning.) --- I used to know a doctor with it, who once before an audience of students was teaching them how to examine the abdomen. And he sat at the patient's bedside, placed his stethoscope on the patient's belly to listen for bowel sounds, and fell asleep. It was 10 minutes before a passing nurse recognized what had happened, while the rapt audience of students was still watching, puzzled, at how long it took to do this.

4
Posted by: Karen | 2005/12/13

Not sure how to explain.

The parents are foxies. We kept her because she was the runt of the litter and no one wanted her. She has a pointy nose, her legs are totally out of proportion to her body so it looks like she is leaping around when she runs, she had no tail and very long hair. She is 3 years old now and weighs 450 grams.

Both of my cats are bigger than her but she rules the roost, in between fits that is!

Reply to Karen
Posted by: ASP | 2005/12/13

What is a "springbok cross rat cross" ?

Reply to ASP
Posted by: Karen | 2005/12/13

Glad to hear he's okay. I hope he goes peacfully when the end eventually comes.

Amazing how attached we get to our animals. I have a little springbok cross rat cross who know what that suffers from fits when she gets excited. Everytime she has a fit I fear the worst. She also sleeps like the dead so I have had a few occasions where she has scared the hell out of me.

Reply to Karen
Posted by: Pencil | 2005/12/13

My dog is still alive. Thanks for your concern... I was so nervous driving home... you have no idea. On the one hand (strangly enough) I was dissappointed that he's still with us... I was kind of ready for him to go.... But he's looking as well as can be expected... Thanks again.

Reply to Pencil