Question
Posted by: STEP MOM | 2007/03/30

ATT: FLASH

Wow what an unkind person you are! You don't even know me yet you are wishing my husband would divorce me.
Just so you know, I treat my step daughter BETTER than my own daughter and I am extremely fond of her. Dispite being selfish she brings a lot of joy to our household. With a lot of love, understanding and support her school work has improved, so has her self esteem and both my husband and I are very proud of her.
All I was asking was what can I do to help my husband. i was looking for suggestions on how to get through to my step daughter about her behaviour without making her feel bad as that is the last thing I would want.
My daughter is not perfect, yes she is kind and thoughtful and has many positive qualities that endear many to her, but she is also lazy and forgets to do her chores! I never once said my children are perfect.

I'm really sorry that my post caused you to write such a hateful reply and I hope that whatever it is that has made you like this is healed. You write very well which shows me that you are talented, don't ruin your talents by being unkind.
I wish you all the best in healing your hurt.

Some of the responses to the step-daughter issue were so personal and unpleasant as to suggest that at least some viewers have very much a personal axe to grind on this topic. Steop Mom was perfectly reasonable in her description of the problem, and in her request for help. And thanks for such a graceful response, Step Mom !

1
Posted by: CP MOM | 2007/04/02

I think because of what was said to you is what made me respond like I did. It's sad that some people wish things like this on you. Then again we are on a loony site, i've had someone wish I was dead and that they wished they could strangle me until they see the life leave my eyes.....

Mostly these type of people are not even step mom's themselves and therefore they do not even know what we are going through and how difficult it is.

Good luck in what you are doing and keep trying. IF we stop crying everything falls apart.

Love
Mom

Reply to CP MOM